Beginning Sunday, June 7th, Alberta Baptist Church will reopen our building and resume in-person gatherings. Be assured, our decision to resume in-person gatherings has been thoroughly discussed by our staff and church leaders and we have decided to move forward with caution.
While many look forward to gathering in person again, we also understand that this may lead many to feel anxious and uncertain. You should feel no pressure to gather with us in person. If you have any reservations, we would love for you to join from home. Beginning Sunday, June 7th, our full Sunday Service will be live-streamed on our Facebook page.
Below you will find all the changes you can expect ABC to incorporate in this first phase of reopening our building, as well as ways you can help us provide the safest and healthiest environment for all those who gather.
What you can expect from ABC:
- Doors will open at 10:30. Service will begin at 10:45. You will be greeted by the ABC Welcoming Team. All greeters will forgo handshakes and hugs and we will have no physical handouts or bulletins, but you can expect a big wave and we assure you, there’s a smile behind their masks!
- The ABC Worship Center and ABC Gym (and their respective restroom areas) will be the only areas open for the time being. The Gym will have a live-stream of our service and act as overflow seating or as an optional place to gather for any who choose to do so.
- Every other row of chairs in the Worship Center will be blocked off. This is to ensure that everyone maintains proper social distancing etiquette. We also ask that families/households sit together and space themselves at least 3 chairs away from other groups (or sit together at a table if in the Gym)
- We have increased the number of hand sanitizing stations around the building and will have hand sanitizing wipes available as you enter the Worship Center. We will also be thoroughly cleaning and disinfecting all open areas after every gathering.
- Tithes and offerings can now be given at the end of the service and can be placed in the designated receptacles as you exit the Worship Center.
- There will continue to be NO in-person Children’s activities, Youth activities, or Sunday School classes. HOWEVER, we do encourage you to participate in these areas with our online activities and classes.
What we expect of you:
- Please refrain from using handshakes and hugs as greetings and maintain the recommended 6ft of social distance to the best of your ability.
- We we will request ever in-person attendee where a face covering of some kind while in the building for the sake of all those around you. You will see all staff, leaders, and greeters wearing masks.
- Practice excellent personal hygiene by washing your hands or using our hand sanitizing stations often.
- We encourage you to refrain from gathering together with us in person if you are considered to be “at risk,” provide care for a person 60+, or if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms: shortness of breath, sore throat, have had a fever in the past 48 hours, have experienced a new loss of taste or smell, or have experienced vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours.
ABC’s strategy to resume in-person gatherings will be flexible and contingent on the most up to date information and recommendations from governing authorities and health agencies. We love you and are so thankful for how encouraging all of you have been to the staff during this season. Your prayer and flexibility are appreciated more than you know.
With Christ’s love,
The ABC Staff